Awakening to Presence:
An Embodied approach to meditation
5:30pm -7:30pm PST
10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17
A unique approach to deepening presence!
Meditation is in-part about becoming intimate with the profundity of the present moment. And intimacy relies on vulnerability. By exploring the places where we tend to block intimacy or vulnerability in other parts of our lives we gain insight into the places where our meditation might get stuck as well.
Combining the classical techniques and tools of meditation along with this more individual and personal approach we uncover a sustainable and embodied approach to our practice.
1. Practice together.
2. Have time for questions and to share with one another.
2. Explore 1 of 5 core skill sets that are essential both on and off the meditation cushion:
- Armoring: Working with self sabotage and self preservation
- Scope Dynamics: Balancing and fluctuating scopes
- Orienting: Intention and setting a course
- Cultivating Joy: Working in small sections
- Equanimity: The profound freedom in letting go
Students will be able to access the class recording each week.
There is also an option for one-on-one personal discussion of practice throughout the training.
(Includes course material, access to recordings and one-on-one consultation)
One work Study and one BIPOC scholarship available.